Every Tetra ColorFusion aquarium kit features a layout grid to help you design the perfect aquarium. This grid helps you decide how many ornaments, plants and anemones you will need, as well as the perfect place to put them.
Here are some simple tips for creating the most beautiful aquariums.
- Use a variety of small, medium and large plants.
- Place small plants in front of medium plants—and large plants at the back or sides.
- Arrange plants in odd numbers, such as 1s, 3s and 5s, for a more natural appearance.
- Mix different shades of greens and colors. Combine with interesting textures, too.
- Create a dramatic focal point using a single item, such as a white anemone or mushroom.
- Repeat some of the same plants throughout the aquarium for added balance.
- Cluster plants into several “pockets of beauty” rather than one large grouping.
Download several example layout grids.