Tetra® aquarium products are dedicated to helping seasoned hobbyists and beginners alike enjoy a successful, life-long aquatic experience. Tetra® products build fish-, reptile-and pond-keeping confidence, one innovation at a time. Our complete line of Tetra® nutrition, water care, filtration and aquarium products are designed to meet the needs of all hobbyists and the fish they love.
Tetra® Algae Control™ formula controls unsightly algae in your aquarium. This liquid formula is highly effective against algal blooms that cause green water and algae that grow on glass and décor, such as blue-green algae (Oscillatoria), diatoms - “brown algae” (Synedra), hair algae (Spirogyra) and blanket weed (Oedogonium). Tetra® Algae Control™ treatment is safe to use with ornamental freshwater fish and plants. See product label for complete directions and warnings.
Before applying Tetra® Algae Control™ treatment, first remove as much algae as possible by cleaning the glass and décor. This allows the product to be most effective at reducing the remaining algae and inhibiting new algae growth. Use 1 mL for every 12 gallons of aquarium water. Remove activated carbon filters for 6 to 8 hours after dosing. Be prepared to clean out additional algae as it is killed to prevent deterioration of water quality. See product label for complete directions and warnings.
- CONTROLS ALGAE: Liquid formula effectively combats algal blooms that cause green water.
- KEEPS GLASS AND DÉCOR CLEAN: Works against algae that grow on glass and décor, such as blue-green algae, brown algae, hair algae and blanket weed.
- SAFE FOR PLANTS AND FISH: Safely use Tetra® Algae Control™ formula in planted aquariums as directed.
- USAGE: Use 1 mL for every 12 gallons of aquarium water.
- APPLY IN THE MORNING: See product label for complete directions.